- Name: Control of blood glucose concentration
- Code: B.4.10.H.8
- Specification Reference: 22.214.171.124
- Keywords: Insulin, glucose, glycogen, glycerol, Benedicts reagent
- Objectives: 1. To describe how blood glucose concentration is controlled. 2. To discuss the importance of Glycogen. 3. Explain how insulin and glucagon work together to control blood glucose levels. 4. Explain the cause, effects, treatment and problems associated with Type 1 diabetes.
- Competency: Describe how blood glucose concentration is monitored and controlled.
- Proficiency: Evaluate modern methods of treating diabetes.
- Mastery: Explain how insulin and glucagon work together to control blood glucose levels.