- Name: Control of body temperature
- Code: B.4.10.H.7
- Specification Reference: 188.8.131.52
- Keywords: Homeostasis, thermoregulation, brain, sensor, negative feedback, vasodialation, vasoconstriction
- Objectives: 1. To describe ways to measure body temperature/ 2. To explain the importance of controlling body temperature 3. To describe the difference between vasodialation and vasoconstriction
- Competency: Describe different methods to measure body temperature.
- Proficiency: Explain how body temperature is monitored and controlled.
- Mastery: Evaluate different methods to measure body temperature and the situations they should be used.