- Name: Homeostasis
- Code: B.4.10.H.6
- Specification Reference: 4.5.1
- Keywords: Homeostasis, thermoregulation, brain, sensor, negative feedback, vasodilation, vasoconstriction
- Objectives: 1. To state what is meant by homeostasis 2. To describe the organs involved in homeostasis 3. To describe negative feedback
- Competency: Explain what homeostasis is and why it is important. Describe examples of conditions that need to be controlled.
- Proficiency: Describe the roles of the nervous system and the endocrine system in homeostasis.
- Mastery: To explain the importance of negative feedback and give a named example.