- Name: The brain
- Code: B.4.10.H.3
- Specification Reference: 184.108.40.206
- Keywords: Brain, regions, cerebellum, medulla, neuroscientist
- Objectives: 1. To state the role of the brain. 2. To describe the functions of the main regions of the brain. 3. To describe the methods used by neuroscientists to map regions of the brain.
- Competency: Label a diagram of the brain and give the functions of the cerebral cortex, cerebellum and medulla.
- Proficiency: Discuss how areas of the brain can be mapped to their functions.
- Mastery: Describe the techniques used to map areas of the brain to their functions. Evaluate the benefits and risks of procedures carried out on the brain and nervous system.