- Name: The Kidney
- Code: B.4.10.H.11
- Specification Reference: 220.127.116.11
- Keywords: Urea, diffusion, active transport
- Objectives: 1. Label a diagram of the excretory system. 2. To describe the role of the Kidney. 3. Explain the need to excrete urea. 4. Describe the absorption of glucose and ions by diffusion and active transport.
- Competency: Locate the positions of the liver, kidneys and bladder in the human.
- Proficiency: Name the useful substances reabsorbed by the body and relate to diffusion and active transport.
- Mastery: Explain the need to excrete urea.