- Name: DNA and Meiosis
- Code: B.4.10.I.2
- Specification Reference: 18.104.22.168
- Keywords: Meiosis, division, genome
- Objectives: To describe the structure of DNA. To recall what is meant by the genome and discuss the importance of the human genome project. To state what is meant by meiosis. To explain how meiosis halves the number of chromosomes.
- Competency: Describe the structure of chromosomes, DNA and genes.
- Proficiency: Draw diagrams to explain how gametes are formed in meiosis.
- Mastery: Be able to discuss issues when meiosis isn't done right