- Name: DNA structure and protein synthesis
- Code: B.4.10.I.3
- Specification Reference: 184.108.40.206
- Keywords: DNA, structure, amino acids
- Objectives: To describe DNA as a polymer made from four different nucleotides. To discuss complimentary base pairing. To describe in detail the process of protein synthesis.
- Competency: Explain how the bases on the two strands link together.
- Proficiency: Describe in simple terms how a protein is synthesised.
- Mastery: Explain the importance of the shape of a protein for enzyme action (links with 220.127.116.11) and function.