- Name: Genetic engineering
- Code: B.4.10.I.8
- Specification Reference: 220.127.116.11
- Keywords: Engineering, enzymes, ethics
- Objectives: To state what is meant by genetic engineering. Higher; To describe the main stages in the process. To explain the importance of genetic engineering. To evaluate the process.
- Competency: Define the term genetic engineering.
- Proficiency: Describe the process of genetic engineering and its advantages.
- Mastery: Evaluate the use of genetic engineering in medicine, e.g. in gene therapy and production of hormones and some vaccines.