- Name: Mendel and the understanding of genetics
- Code: B.4.10.I.4
- Specification Reference: 220.127.116.11
- Keywords: Mendel, discovery, evidence
- Objectives: To describe the development of genetics including the work of Mendel. To explain why the importance of Mendel's work was not known until after his death. To describe the importance of Mendel's work.
- Competency: Describe some of the experiments carried out by Mendel using pea plants.
- Proficiency: Describe a timeline showing the main developments in the understanding of inheritance.
- Mastery: Explain why Mendel proposed the idea of separately inherited factors and why the importance of this discovery was not recognised until after his death.