- Name: Variation and inheritance
- Code: B.4.10.I.5
- Specification Reference: 22.214.171.124
- Keywords: Genetics, variation, characteristics
- Objectives: To recall all keywords in spec (126.96.36.199). To recall female sex chromosomes as xx and males as xy. To use Punnett squares and genetic crosses to determine the probability of a characteristic. To explain that most characteristics are the result of multiple genes.
- Competency: Give examples of characteristics controlled by a single gene and describe their alleles.
- Proficiency: Interpret the results of a genetic cross diagram and use direct proportion and simple ratios to express the outcomes. Describe the genotypes and phenotypes of the offspring.
- Mastery: N/A