- Name: The role of enzymes and bile
- Code: B.4.10.O.6
- Specification Reference: 184.108.40.206
- Keywords: Amylase, lipase, protease, bile, neutralisation, surface area, Denatured
- Objectives: To identify the enzymes in the digestive system. To state the locations of the enzymes in the digestive system. To investigate the effect of temperature and pH on the action of enzymes. To explain the role of bile in the digestive system.
- Competency: To explain why enzymes can't work in all conditions
- Proficiency: Describe in detail the three types of enzyme and bile in the digestive system (site, products)
- Mastery: To interpret graphs to determine the optimum temperature or pH for an enzyme