- Name: The development of the periodic table
- Code: C.4.10.AS.5
- Specification Reference: 220.127.116.11
- Keywords: Atomic mass, mendeleev, predictions, law of ocatves
- Objectives: To state that the periodic table was originally arranged in increasing atomic mass. To state what is meant by the law of octaves. To describe the work by Dimitri Mendeleev.
- Competency: Describe the steps in the development of the periodic table.
- Proficiency: Explain the stages in the development of the modern table
- Mastery: Describe and explain how testing a prediction can support or refute a new scientific idea