- Name: The modern periodic table
- Code: C.4.10.AS.6
- Specification Reference: 22.214.171.124
- Keywords: Metals, non-metals, properties
- Objectives: To state how the modern periodic table is arranged. To identify metals and non-metals in the periodic table. To explain the differences between metals and non-metals.
- Competency: Explain how the position of an element in the periodic table is related to the arrangement of electrons in its atoms and hence to its atomic number.
- Proficiency: Predict possible reactions and probable reactivity of elements from their positions in the periodic table.
- Mastery: Explain the differences between metals and non-metals on the basis of their characteristic physical and chemical properties.