- Name: The sub-atomic particles
- Code: C.4.10.AS.8
- Specification Reference: 18.104.22.168\22.214.171.124\4.1.16\126.96.36.199
- Keywords: Protons, neutrons, electrons, nucleus, energy shells
- Objectives: To identify the three sub-atomic particles. To state the relative mass and charge of each sub-atomic particle. To calculate the number of each sub atomic particle from an element's symbol. To write electronic configurations for elements.
- Competency: Recall the charge and mass of each sub-atomic particle
- Proficiency: Calculate the numbers of protons, neutrons and electrons in an atom or ion, given its atomic number and mass number for the first 20 elements
- Mastery: Represent the electronic structures of the first twenty elements of the periodic table in both forms.