- Name: Covalent bonding
- Code: C.4.10.B.3
- Specification Reference: 22.214.171.124
- Keywords: Covalent bonding, single bond, double bond
- Objectives: To state what is meant by a covalent bond. To draw dot and cross diagrams for a covalent bond. To describe the types of covalent structure (simple, giant and polymer).
- Competency: To describe what is meant by a covalent bond
- Proficiency: Draw dot and cross diagrams for the molecules of hydrogen, chlorine, oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen chloride, water, ammonia and methane
- Mastery: Explain an example of covalent bonding including detail on electron transfer, group numbers of the atoms involved and the use of correct terminology.