- Name: Properties of ionic compounds
- Code: C.4.10.B.2
- Specification Reference: 126.96.36.199
- Keywords: conductivity, soluble, ions, lattice, electrostatic forces
- Objectives: To recall that an ionic compound is a giant lattice. To describe how ions are held together in the lattice. To describe and explain the properties of ionic compounds (melting point, hardness, conductivity).
- Competency: To describe the structure of an ionic compound using keywords
- Proficiency: Explain why solid ionic substances do not conduct electricity but dissolved or molten ionic substances do conduct electricity.
- Mastery: Explain how ionic substances dissolve in water.