- Name: Required practical
- Code: C.4.10.CC.3
- Specification Reference: 126.96.36.199
- Keywords: State, symbols, solid, liquid, gas
- Objectives: Preparation of a pure, dry sample of a soluble salt from an insoluble oxide or carbonate using a Bunsen burner to heat dilute acid and a water bath or electric heater to evaporate the solution.
- Competency: Explain what is meant by a soluble salt.
- Proficiency: Describe how to make pure, dry samples of named soluble salts from information provided.
- Mastery: Explain why reactants are often used in excess.