- Name: The pH scale and neutralisation
- Code: C.4.10.CC.4
- Specification Reference: 126.96.36.199
- Keywords: pH, acid, alkali, base
- Objectives: To state what is meant by the pH scale. To describe how the pH of a solution can be determined. To identify the ion responsible for acidity and alkalinity To construct the ionic equation for neutralisation
- Competency: Define the following terms: • acid • base • alkali • neutral.
- Proficiency: Describe the use of universal indicator or a wide range indicator to measure the approximate pH of a solution.
- Mastery: N/A