- Name: Types of acid
- Code: C.4.10.CC.5
- Specification Reference: 22.214.171.124
- Keywords: Acid, alkali, H+ ions
- Objectives: To state what is meant by a strong or weak acid. To identify strong and weak acids. To be able to describe why acids are strong or weak.
- Competency: Explain the meaning of the following terms: • dilute • concentrated • weak • strong.
- Proficiency: Explain why strong acids are completely ionised in aqueous solutions but a weak acid is only partially ionised.
- Mastery: N/A