- Name: Uses of electrolysis
- Code: C.4.10.CC.10
- Specification Reference: 18.104.22.168
- Keywords: Cryolite
- Objectives: To label the cells for electrolysis of brine and electrolysis of aluminium. Discuss the importance of cryolite. To explain how oxygen or Hydrogen are produced at the electrodes.
- Competency: To identify the key features of each type of electrolysis
- Proficiency: To discuss why electrolysis is important
- Mastery: Explain why the following atoms could be produced: • hydrogen • oxygen.