- Name: Carboxylic acids
- Code: C.4.10.OC.7
- Specification Reference: 22.214.171.124
- Keywords: Acid, alkali, pH
- Objectives: To recall the structure of carboxylic acids. To name the first four carboxylic acids. To describe the following reactions; with carbonates, dissolve in water. To describe the reaction with alcohols to form an ester (must know name of ethyl ethanoate). To explain why carboxylic acids are described as weak acids.
- Competency: To able to give examples of carboxylic acids
- Proficiency: To be able to name carboxylic acids
- Mastery: N/A