- Name: Cracking and alkenes
- Code: C.4.10.OC.4
- Specification Reference: 188.8.131.52
- Keywords: Cracking, alkenes, chains
- Objectives: To state what is meant by an alkene. To describe how Alkenes can be identified by the bromine water test. To describe the conditions involved with catalytic and steam cracking. To construct equations for cracking.
- Competency: To be able to explain the Bromine experiment
- Proficiency: To be able to explain the difference between alkanes and alkenes
- Mastery: N/A