- Name: Measuring the rate of reaction
- Code: C.4.10.R.2
- Specification Reference: 18.104.22.168
- Keywords: Rate, reaction, time, graph
- Objectives: To measure the rate of a reaction. To draw a amount vs. time graph for a reaction. To identify when a reaction is fastest and complete using a reaction curve.
- Competency: Draw and interpret graphs showing the quantity of product formed or quantity of reactant used up against time.
- Proficiency: Calculate the mean rate of a reaction from given information about the quantity of a reactant used or the quantity of a product formed and the time taken.
- Mastery: Calculate the gradient of a tangent to the curve on these graphs as a measure of rate of reaction at a specific time.