- Name: Required practical 11
- Code: C.4.10.R.3
- Specification Reference: 220.127.116.11
- Keywords: Variables
- Objectives: Investigate how changes in concentration affect the rates of reactions by a method involving measuring the volume of a gas produced and a method involving a change in colour or turbidity.
- Competency: Draw and interpret graphs showing the quantity of product formed or quantity of reactant used up against time.
- Proficiency: Calculate the mean rate of a reaction from given information about the quantity of a reactant used or the quantity of a product formed and the time taken.
- Mastery: Calculate the gradient of a tangent to the curve on these graphs as a measure of rate of reaction at a specific time.