- Name: Ceramics, polymers and composites
- Code: C.4.10.UR.6
- Specification Reference: 188.8.131.52
- Keywords: Ceramics, polymers
- Objectives: To describe how clay ceramics are produced. To explain how LDPE and HDPE are produced. To explain the difference between thermosetting and thermosetting polymers.
- Competency: Describe how the following are produced and give uses for each: • soda-lime glass • borosilicate glass • clay ceramics • low-density poly(ethene) • high density poly(ethene) • composites.
- Proficiency: Use diagrams and descriptions to explain why the following happens when heated: • thermosoftening polymers melt • thermosetting polymers do not melt.
- Mastery: N/A