- Name: The Welfare State
- Code: H.4.10.BH.31
- Specification Reference: N/A
- Keywords: N/A
- Objectives: Students should understand: • what the Beveridge Report was • how the report is connected to the Welfare State • the principles governing the Welfare State • why the NHS was created • why these changes faced opposition • what challenges do we face in the 21st century (i.e. the cost and effectiveness)?
- Competency: Will describe the welfare state and the development of the NHS
- Proficiency: Will explain the impact of the welfare state
- Mastery: Will be able to evaluate the problems relating to health care in the 21st century