- Name: German reaction
- Code: H.4.10.C18.3
- Specification Reference: N/A
- Keywords: N/A
- Objectives: "Reactions of the Allies, German objections, The emphasis should be on the short and medium term impact of the treaty for all the Allies and Germany and to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the settlement. The reference to the ‘wider settlement’ relates to the creation of new states and the problems they faced in terms of reparations and self determination – issues which will be revisited when studying Wilson’s attitude to the peace and, later, the causes of the Second World War"
- Competency: Identify the terms of the treaty that the various countries were satisfied / dissatisfied with
- Proficiency: Explain which terms of the treaty that the various countries were satisfied / dissatisfied with, providing historical context and rationale
- Mastery: Evaluate terms of the treaty and analyse why the various countries were satisfied / dissatisfied with, providing historical context, rationale and links between related reasons