- Name: Friction
- Code: S.3.7.F.5
- Specification Reference: 4.5
- Keywords: Friction
- Objectives: Determine where friction happens and the effect it has.
- Competency: To identify examples of friction and explain the effect on a moving object To use the formula pressure = force / area
- Proficiency: To describe ways to increase and reduce the effects of friction on a moving object To describe how pressure changes with forces and area
- Mastery: To explain how changing an object's mass affects the amount of friction it experiences when being moved and explain why To explain how different pressures can be applied in real life and to calculate pressures with different examples