- Name: Chromatography
- Code: S.3.7.SM.4
- Specification Reference: 4.8
- Keywords: separation, chromatography.
- Objectives: "To understand how chromatography separates mixtures into its component substances "
- Competency: Identify where chromatography would be a useful technique
- Proficiency: Describe how chromatography separates different substances in a mixture because of the different sizes of the molecules in each
- Mastery: Explain that chromatography would be ineffective in separating a mixture where all the molecules of each substance were the same size and to calculate rf values