- Name: Identifying metals and non-metals
- Code: C.3.9.CA.4
- Specification Reference: N/A
- Keywords: Precipitate, ions
- Objectives: To know that flame tests can be used to identify certain metal ions To know the colours produced when lithium, sodium, potassium, calcium and copper are flame tested. To understand why you cannot use the flame tests to identify ions if a sample contains more than one type of positive ion.
- Competency: Identify ions from the results of the tests
- Proficiency: To describe a method to determine the components of a mixture of ions
- Mastery: N/A