- Name: Digestion
- Code: B.3.9.LS.2
- Specification Reference: N/A
- Keywords: Enzyme, digestion, organs
- Objectives: To know what enzymes are and how digestive enzymes break down big food molecules to small ones which can be absorbed. To describe the difference between mechanical and chemical digestion and the parts associated with each. To be able to list and describe the function of different enzymes such as Amylase, Proteases and lipases along with the function of Bile.
- Competency: I can explain what an enzyme is
- Proficiency: I can describe the digestion system
- Mastery: I can explain the enzymes that work in the digestive system