- Name: Food
- Code: B.3.9.LS.1
- Specification Reference: N/A
- Keywords: Energy, chemical, obesity
- Objectives: To list and describe the functions of the different food types. To carry out food tests to show presence of sugars, starch, proteins and lipids. (req prac 4). To use your knowledge of food types and pyramids to create diets for average adult, child, elderly person and football player.
- Competency: I can describe a healthy lifestyle
- Proficiency: I can describe the food groups and food pyramid
- Mastery: I can evaluate a diet and make recommendations to improve it