- Name: Releasing energy from food
- Code: B.3.9.LS.3
- Specification Reference: N/A
- Keywords: Deficiency, scurvy, kwashiorkor
- Objectives: To understand foods have energy values measured in calories. To be able to explain and give examples of deficiencies. To carry out a burning food practical to show which type of food has the most energy (no nuts).
- Competency: I can explain what a deficiency is and give examples
- Proficiency: I can describe a test to understand the energy levels in food
- Mastery: N/A