- Name: Homeostasis
- Code: B.3.9.S.2
- Specification Reference: N/A
- Keywords: Homeostasis, thermoregulation, brain, sensor, negative feedback, vasodilation, vasoconstriction
- Objectives: To undestand the internal conditions of the body must be controlled so that cells and enzymes function properly. To describe how control systems can be nervous of chemical responses. To conduct and explan the effect of using fats as a insulator in ice water.
- Competency: Explain what homeostasis is and why it is important. Describe examples of conditions that need to be controlled.
- Proficiency: Describe the roles of the nervous system and the endocrine system in homeostasis.
- Mastery: To explain the importance of negative feedback and give a named example.